For the purpose of providing you with information, services, or promotional opportunities that may be of interest to you.
1. Emails. We use email addresses to deliver information relevant to our users and customers, such as product specials, surveys, account information, notification services, and for administrative reasons. You may opt-out of receiving such emails as described below.
2. Online surveys and promotions. We may conduct research surveys from time to time for quality assurance purposes. We may also contract with third parties to perform the research, but the use of the customer data by that third party is limited solely to that survey initiative.
These companies may use such information about your visit for promotional purposes. If, at any time, you do not want your non-personally identifiable information to be used by JAF, you can change the settings on your Internet browser to reject cookies and this will also disable our web beacons. Please reference your Internet browser settings for instructions on how to change your cookie and security settings.
4. Domain names. Information regarding domain names is aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Site, pages viewed and similar Site usage information in order to know how to improve the Site’s content.
5. Children. No information we collect from children known to be under the age of 13 is used for any marketing or promotional purposes whatsoever, by either us, our affiliates, or our third party sponsors. We use the information collected about children known to be under 13 only to provide services. If required by law, personal information collected by our Site about children will be given to the appropriate law enforcement agencies.
6. Law Enforcement / Legal processes / Other uses. JAF may disclose personal information if required to do so by law, court order, subpoena or other legal process, as requested by a governmental or law enforcement authority, or when we believe in good faith that it is in the interests of aviation security or that disclosure is otherwise necessary or advisable.
V. Protection of Personal Information Collected Online
JAF maintains strict physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect personal information and regularly reviews its security standards and procedures to protect against unauthorized access to personal information. Although JAF takes reasonable steps to safeguard and to prevent unauthorized access to your private information, it cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorized access, and JAF makes no warranty, express, implied, or otherwise, that we will prevent unauthorized access to your private information.
VI. Opting Out
You may opt out of having your personal information used or shared by JAF for the purpose of sending you email marketing or promotional materials. To make your request, please email us at email@example.com and request that no further communications be sent to you. Regardless of your opt-out preferences, we reserve the right to send you emails or other electronic messages for administrative purposes.
VII. Other sites
VIII. Protecting Personal Information
In order to protect your privacy and JAF proprietary databases and systems, do not share any of your personally identifiable information with us directly and/or with any third-party information aggregators that would allow access to your sensitive information.
IX. Contact Us
X. Legal Effect and Changes to the Policy
However, by using the Site, and/or by providing personal information to JAF online or off-line, you consent to the collection and use of such information by JAF, its affiliates, partners, contractors and permitted agents consistent with applicable laws.